Friday, January 1, 2010

A Christmas Failure

Glitter is only glitter if the meaning is lost. I know I'm late writing about Christmas, however, it's never to late to confess to a mistake. Christmas is my favorite holiday for love and fun. Birthday parties are that way. I view Christmas decorations as party favors and the light that comes from birthday candles.

You are probably saying where is the mistake, the mistake came with ease. We were invited to a house that we had never been before, with people that we had just met. Deciding to take sweets, the first thing that came to mind was birthday cake, with happy birthday Jesus on it. But what happened next really disappointed me. I didn't know how they would take it and backed down. I failed the simplest test. However, Jesus just smiled because I told him I was sorry.

I will never do that again. I decided that Jesus was more important than to consider the feelings of people I didn't even know. To top it off, I didn't stand proud of my belief.

I say, lesson learned. And may God Bless those who travel through my little world.

4 comments:

  1. I think we have all failed that test in one way or another. I am sure you know you have been forgiven and that you will get another chance to stand proud in your belief.

    The good thing is that by "failing" this test, you will more easily recognize the next one and you can cover yourself in prayer and pass with flying colors!

    I hope you have a very blessed New Year and that more opportunities to further the Kingdom come your way very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that trying to show respect to others related to their religion of choice is failing in any way. You were just trying to show love to others by showing respect of not trying to assume they embraced the same religious beliefs as you do...
    Love for others is the number one thing your religion believes...
    how can that be wrong?
    I think you did the exact right thing by not putting that on the cake.
    Love is the number one expression of faith and religion and it offends no one, and I have to believe it would please Jesus the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Retired One said it so well. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys. I feel really good. After reading your responses.

    ReplyDelete