Thursday, January 14, 2010

This felt so good.

This last week I made a decision to stop talking about expanding my card sale and doing something about it. I new that the fear of approaching store owners was the weak link in my success. Marketing to small gift stores was definitely important. The few store I have my cards in are showing me my cards have value.

I want to make it work, but the fear was huge. I called Dobsons with a request to see them about my cards. The owner was not sure she would carry them. But I felt that I presented myself over the phone with strength of conviction. Was this enough, I got an appointment for a week later, being yesterday.

I ask if she wanted a sample of the cards and a price list before we met. She said yes. This was such a great start and the effort was successful. Now I had to wait for a meeting with her a week later. I told myself that I had presented myself well over the phone and now I prayed to do the same when I saw her.

To keep this short, she said my cards were really lovely and she would love to sell them. I wanted to hug her but decided that would have to wait. Mostly because she just might think I am crazy.

I wanted to share this with all that read my little blog. If you fear you fail. If you try, you may just be surprised that you can succeed. This in my mind was success. Thanks to God, I told him I knew he was putting this challenge in front of me. I hope him proud.

God Bless those who spend time in this little world of mine

Carol

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! how could she NOT like your cards, they are fabulous! I bet she will sell them out fast and you will have to make more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, good for you! Both you and your cards are beautiful!! Happy sales!!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I know this was a nerve racking experience for you. I am happy for you in that you were able to get over your "case of nerves" and venture forth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and good luck, your cards really are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You haven't been here for very long and you are already in a store--that is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    Thanks for visiting my site and leaving kind words <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you!! I think you'll be refilling that card holder very soon! ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is an awesome desk by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is great, isn't it so true that an Artist does not a marketer make. Being creative is on the opposite side of the brain from being able to market something. I had an Art teacher that once said, "Just do what you love and find a way to keep doing it." It sounds like that is exactly what you have been able to do. God Bless...

    ReplyDelete