Sunday, March 6, 2011

A year ago today.

Timbers spirit went back to the earth. She is still missed and I dreaded this day. I wondered how a pet, one of many that have traveled through my life, could affect me this much. Was it because she went through so many times of sorrow with me? I probably will never know.

Even in the last few months before her death, I knew it was going to happen. I tried to prepare myself. The end was still overly painful. Unlike my parents and loved ones that have gone before me, I don't believe four legged spirits join us after death. It makes it so final.

But today came without sorrow. Only great memories of a day gone by. A spirit that warmed my heart and will rest there throughtout my life. This is a tribute to loving pets. They are worth taking care of, loving and respecting. Time on earth is prescious. They are part of the family.

God Bless those who travel through my little blog.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. I remember having to put our precious Irish Setter down..I held her tight as they administered a shot and she fell asleep peacefully as she passed in my arms. I love her still and hope that some day we will run the fields together, chasing a rainbow. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete