Sunday, March 13, 2011

I got into the dirt.

What a day Saturday was. Not only was it beautiful but I decided to get into the pond and scoop out the water that formed from all the rain. I was tired of the dirt and the dirty water that sat in the pond. We have really red soil, which dies the shoe leather, the feet and the hands. Anything that touches wet red soil.

So with gloves on and buckets in hand I went out to scoop and hopefully dry the pond bottom. It was a lot of work and after John and I stood looking at a cleaned out pond, we decided to put down the felt liner and the rubber liner. So new pictures to share with you.

I know what you are thinking, it's not looking much better. The pond and water way never looks good till the water runs into the pond and plants crawl over the sides. About a year from the finishing touches it becomes really beautiful and you finally see the results of ones effort.

But for now we are happy with what we have done and ready to put the rocks down.

God Bless you and yours. And prayers for the Japanese, they need good thoughts also.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I played in the dirt too! Thank you for posting my BLOG button sweetie ( it says Katie's shop, giggle) you can find the shop button at http://giftsbykatherine.com. I adore you!!!!!xo

    ReplyDelete