Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On a Walk

The library is not the only thing I am doing to help the feelings of loss. I am walking, it has always been a thing I have loved. But now I am taking longer ones finding things to take pictures of. So here is my favorite from yesterday.

I can't tell you what it is but plan to find out. I know it comes from a very big old tree and I feel sorry for the people who own the trees. If you have lived with oak trees you now how dirty they are. But these seed pods are about 3/4 inch in diameter and come down off the trees in large quantity.

I hope you enjoy the creepy look of the pod.

Have a great day to you all.

Carol

6 comments:

  1. It's a pod from a liquid amber tree. Don't step on them, they hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara, I haven't experienced them without shoes and don't plan to. Have a great day.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,
    They look like they could hurt, yikes! I have also started walking too. I had the winter blues, so it was time to get up and move. It sure makes the heart feel better
    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara said they do, and I will trust her. Me, I am a firm believer in shoes. But John cut one in half, and the structure went all the way through. Yiks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you cut them in half they look like a star. Wow, to bad they are such a mess when they fall from the trees.

    ReplyDelete