Thursday, August 6, 2009

A view of the pond.

Yesterday Timber had to go to the veterinarian. This is usually just another trip in her car and a little treat for taking all her shots. But yesterday was something new. I realized she was eleven and getting older. As I watched the vet examining her, I realized what a part of my life she is.

She and I spend a lot of time together, I take care of her and she loves me. I talk to her and I know all she hears is the tone of my voice, indicating what I am feeling. And that is enough for both of us.

We sat on the deck today looking over the pond. We both realized that it was simply a beautiful day. Again, that seemed like enough for both of us.

A glimpse into my heart. God bless all those to venture into my little world I call Balsam Ponds.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and your dog had a beautiful day! Its such a blessing when pets capture our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timber is beautiful! I am sure she enjoyed her time with you at the pond, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really talk or write about it yet, but my dog passed away not too long ago and I am still mourning the loss of my best friend. Hold your dog extra tight, bury your face in the fur and remember comfort you get from the sweet smell of just YOUR dog.

    Stopping by with a little bloggie love tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely blog my beautiful friend, I had a dog for 16 years named Poochie. She was almost an extension of myself. She was a little tiny thing who had a wonderful and bright personality. I enjoyed our time together. I am so pleased to hear you are enjoying Timber and your time together. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Carol, Timber is so sweet. You two are blessed to have each other :o) Have a great day!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete