Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And now for my job.

After John's surgery, and seeing how well he did, it was time for me to make my move or not.  There's always two ways to take care of any disturbance in the universe.  Retail is no different from any other job. You can face it or run, I liked the job and the people I work with, I was not running. 

I realized one thing, I wasn't going to get my way, I just wanted it to be better.  But I could state my concerns and see if even the smallest request for change was possible.  The hardest part is to stay focused.  I had written a letter, lets say an agenda, sealed it and delivered it to my store manager.  As I waited for his response, I practiced my comments and possible responses.  I was well rehearsed and clear of mind the day I was requested to join him and another management representative. 

With a smile on my face I faced the unknown results.  When the meeting was over, I felt that I had done well, I did stay focused and sure of  myself.  I went back to my department, not winning the fight but standing strong and giving management time to respond. 

That was over a two weeks ago now, and the first part of my request did come true.  Slowly but surely the things that made the day hard went away.  The second part is much larger and will hope for the best on that also.

Time is always on the side of truth and calm will always prevail.  you don't always get your way, but you can feel you came out stronger and wiser.
Carol

1 comment: