Friday, June 29, 2012

Twenty Five Years & Running

I knew the day I said "I do"  it was going to work.  It was a second marriage for both of us.  Not something we were proud of, but nether the less, it was going to be in our past. 

Many things traveled with us.  A new second family for me.  And for John a very large brother and sister contingancy. We felt that both families could take the change.  His family was grown, and mine, well they just loved me and accepted my new life.  We were truly blessed.

I fell for John because he was his own person and hence, he wanted that for me.  I realized that with every breath I took he took one with me.  Life was not always easy, but having him with me made it livable.  Sometimes we looked at each other and wanted more from each other.  However, what we have is love and respect and that's all we need. When I wake up in the morning and nothing has changed, it's a gift. We probably won't make it to our 50th. But if you ask each of us if it's sad, we just smile and say "It's not the quantity it's the quality.  And we have quality.

God Bless all those who travel through my little blog.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. We say that too. Wishing you continued happiness my sweet friend. Happy belated anniversary wishes xo

    ReplyDelete