Saturday, September 24, 2011

Banana Surprise

A while back a friend gave me a jar of, get this, Banana Jam.  However this is a little cherry added for color. Being the big jam eater that I am I figured I had tasted it all. To say the least, it only took a minute to open it up and smother a piece of bread with it, but I digress.

I think my love for jam, jelly, or any thing sweet you can spread on bread started growing up where three things were always on the table at every meal.  These three things were bread, butter and jam.  I think it's from my German heritage.  But who really cares, a little sweet at every meal.  I think it made me sweeter. 

Jam is not only my favorite on toast every morning, but throughout the day.  I guess my favorite is bread, butter to seal the bread, jelly, lots of jelly, and a dill pickle thinly sliced the long way.  Be still my heart.  But there are other favorites that will probably chill you to the bone. But because this is my little slice of heaven I will tell list more.

Same two always, bread with butter to seal, and followed by some form of meat, yes I eat meat. Get over it. I love Salami, Balonia, and Braunschweiger. Yiks, I think I could come up with more, but I am watching what I eat.

But back to the Banana Jam. If you get a change and love jam, try it.  It's great.
Moral of this story is, when you think you tasted it all, there is something to look forward to.
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment