Monday, August 9, 2010

Tears on Vacation

The week John was gone was truly hard on me. Don't get me wrong, I have been without him for a week before, many times. However, this was the first time I not only missed him but also Timber. I didn't realize how many times I looked in the back seat to see what she was up too, or waking up and seeing if I could sneak to the bathroom and get back before she knew I was up.

Let me tell you, it never fails to surprise me that at 58 years old I am having a hard time getting used to her being gone. I might add that nothing seems worth it, the lack of hair balls rolling around the house, the lack of responsibilty, or the nose prints on the windows. I miss the unconditional love and the naps in my chair with her snuggled in my lap and making me stay there because she is sound a sleep.

Vacation just highlighted my need for a little spirit that is dependent on me, who loves me and doesn't let me down with hurtful words and actions. Pets are truly God's gifts.

Carol

2 comments:

  1. I miss my two cats in the same way..they died within 6 mos. of each other...and I can't bear to get another one yet....but the house seems very empty sometimes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carol. Glad you've been having fun lately and I understand about missing your Timber. Dog is God spelled backwards...pets are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete