Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Give Me a Fork

I know my birthday was last week, however, during lent I give up sweets and I guess a birthday cake is classified sweets. On my birthday John didn't surprise me with a cake, I was a little sad. However, I knew he didn't want me, to want it and not be able to have it.

Saturday came and as always, a trip to the hardware store was in his plan. He came home with this cake, it was small, cute and chocolate. Sunday I could eat it. I planned for a fork and coffee and eat till I couldn't. Small, personal and mine. Not so fast, he said WE could have it with Easter dinner. Oh no, we had to share it. After the shock, I smiled and said, did you buy ice cream. He gave me that loving smile and said of course.

God Bless those who travel through my little blog.
Carol

3 comments:

  1. The cake looks great but of course I am crazy over chocolate! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks tempting ... I'm craving for one now..

    ReplyDelete