Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When did it happen?

When did we look at each other and know what was lurking in each others head. What not to say, what to avoid and when to speak up? When was it that I found myself in him and him in me? When does it occur to you that you could lose the one you love?

For me, the relationship with John has slowly grown and with every breath I take he takes one with me. It's not only comfortable but loving. Is it boring? Sometimes it occurs to me that we have little to talk about, but on the other hand it's wonderful. Sitting on the porch, having ice tea and we are so comfortable with each other. We can shut the world out or we can talk about it. It's up to us at the moment.

I haven't been writing much lately because of health issues for my husband. John has had heart issues for years. And right off the bat we decided his heart had taken a down swing and we would do what was needed. That wasn't the issue. And unfortunately we still don't know. It's really hard on a strong man with vitality and than within weeks he losses some of that strength. We can't deal with something we don't know where it is in his body or what it is.

Prayer has been my outlet and I have to say, answers come from the world around you if you listen. That's what prayer gives you...an open mind. Maybe not answers but thoughts and maybe thoughts will lead to answers. John and I are now once again filled with hope that we will find the answers and move on.

God Bless those who travel through this little blog.
Carol

4 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you and John. I hope he finds the answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you are facing this challenge..{hugs to you both!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck and prayers aplenty for you.

    ReplyDelete