Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And off we went....

Being gone from Minnesota for six weeks, making our new life here in South Carolina; we headed back home for a family Christmas party.

After two days in the car, Timber and her humans arrived. Coming from a huge family, you want to spend quality time with everyone. It doesn't take but an hour to find out the time you plan will never, and I mean never be enough.

I was still determined to do all in my power to visit and take in all that was offered. And I did, with great success. The love we got from our family can never be measured. The meals that were served, the hugs that we received were more than I anticipated. So with a horse voice and the three of us heading home I spent time appreciating the sea of snow, the chill in the air as we headed out of town.

I know that it will take days to filter through all that had happened, putting the memories away for further review and remembering. But this too is truly a blessing. Being able to remember and feel the warmth from loved ones.

God Bless all those who travel through this little blog.
Carol

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got to come back to MN for a visit Carol!
    I bet it was so much fun, but I am guessing the time went by fast

    Whe nI visit my sis in WI I always treasure the time because I know its only a yearly visit, since she lives 12 hours away

    God Bless and hugs from Cole and I
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and smooches and a very Merry Christmas! my cherished friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to visit family over the holidays! I am so glad you had a wonderful time..you so deserve it.
    May you have a wonderful Christmas and the best 2010 ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little story helps me to be more grateful that I live near my family. I sometimes I take that for granted. Family is precious.

    ReplyDelete