Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ash Wednesday thought

Here we are into the third or fourth week of lent and it dawned on me how hard my resolution is. 

On Ash Wednesday, the first day of lent, in the Catholic world, I was listening to our priest tell us about what giving up meant.  He said give up something that is easy to do.  Not giving up candy or eating between meals.  I had to think about that, it probably wasn't new but I heard it for the first time.

He didn't mean like kissing my husband or saying I loved him.  It was worse, I decided to give up fighting back with words or getting mad.  Would you believe that on that same day someone decided to challenge me.  They remarked with harsh words. 

I blinked and thought, what did I say to draw these words. Was I not sensitive to that persons needs.  This started me on a self evaluation journey.  And as I said, it has been hard. It's so easy to say something to someone else in anger or from being hurt. 

I do know that I am learning so much and hope that I can carry it into the future.  Wow, who would think, I could find something so hard to give up and yet so valuable. 

God Bless you all.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. God Bless you my darling friend. Hugs and Happy Weekend Wishes. P.S.Happy Saint Patty's Day too

    ReplyDelete