Thursday, May 6, 2010

More than just my husband.

The other day, while working at my part time job a gal was telling me that she has a wonderful husband. Not because his title was husband but because he was such a great guy. He loved her without thinking of every little difference. He gave her all of him.

Her thoughts were so simple and so easy to understand. Why, because I have a husband just like hers. After 23 years, we continue to grow in love. In our case it's because we don't take each other for granted. We work at our marriage. Sometimes it's a little harder but than we are worth it. I know him and he knows me.

When we lost Timber, I realized that he got over the loss so much easier than I did. But he understood me enough to give me time to heal. This is truly the reason he is such a great husband. He took time to know me and when times are rough, he knows what to give me. I hope you all have this kind of love. Remember this is not gotten overnight, this is from practice. And practice makes perfect.

God Bless all those who travel through my little blogger world.

Carol

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, sweet. I feel the same way about my hubby of almost 38 years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words were so wonderful and true. I have not been married for very long, almost 5 years, but it just feels so right!!

    Have a great week!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. another beautiful post and such wise words... thank you xx

    ReplyDelete