Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And the process begins...

Wow, after five years you tend to forget what it takes to move. It has been a week and a half since we found out we're moving. In that time we have called everyone from the dentist, vet, to the post office. The list of details is endless. I once wrote about what my mom used to say when I began to feel overwhelmed. Here it is again to share with my friends. She would say, "How do you eat an elephant?" with a smile on her face that melted my heart, she would finish with"one bite at a time".

I have lived by that phrase most of my life. I would repeat it to myself and than I would just start, after a while I would be done with the project and feel so accomplished. Of course this project of moving is a taed bigger. But it works even if you don't finish in one day. Every box feels that much closer to the end. I pack up as much in one box and move it to the garage. Waiting patiently for October and its date to move arrives.

Moving and grooving

No comments:

Post a Comment