Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let the sun shine in.

The sun adds so much and makes a useless area and
makes it a frame for a great piece of metal work.
I thought a update on the back of the house was necessary.  John and I have been working like crazy to get the pergola done.  With the planting of the two grape vines and the Carolina Jasmine on the trellis it was time to place the top boards.

 I have always thought the back of the house was designed wrong. Mostly that fireplace roof line. That little peek was driving me crazy. I felt the addition of the pergola was correcting the problem and as the vines climb over the pergola the connection would be complete.  In the last picture I still noticed the fireplace peek and realized it needed something. 

The white area is the trellis and that's were the Carolina Jasmine
 is growing.
So I went out in search for something with color and size.  The sun brings it to life and gives that space meaning. I hope you like it.  One more layer of wood to go on top in the opposite direction will finish the pergola and we are done and waiting for nature to complete the project. We still have the floor of the deck to finish. Due to the red soil and the Austin the dog, we are going to rebuild the deck and stain it dark green, Johns suggestion. John is very creative and always make our little home a vacation spot.  A place for peace of mind and heart.

God Bless all that come through my little blog and rest a while.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love seeing al the work and changes here! Love that you are working with nature too!

    ReplyDelete